Street Closures/ Rally Info
Please be advised of the following protest rallies and marches in the Downtown Area this weekend:
Immigrants Make America Great March – Saturday February 18, 2017 from 11 am to 5 pm
- The assembly area will be Pershing Square (5th St to the north, Hill St to the east, 6th St to the south and Olive St to the west) at 9 am.
- The event will take place from 11 am to 5 pm.
- Over 20,000 people have RSVP’d that they will attend with another 60,000 who stated that they are interested. With the forecast showing a less likelihood of rain during this event, the crowd could very well be close to 60,000.
- At 11 am the participants will march EB on 5th Street, then NB on Broadway to the Great Park where they will hold a rally facing the steps of City Hall. There are reports that the marchers may then march to the Roybal Federal Building at Temple and los Angeles Streets.
- Expect the streets around the Great Park, City Hall, and the Roybal Building to be jammed with 20,000 to 60,000 people participating in this event.
- Both the Olive Street and Westlawn Garages will remain open for their normal business hours, however, alternative routes may have to be taken to access the garages.
All for One America Rally – Sunday February 19, 2017 from 2 pm to 5 pm
- This is a stationary protest rally on Vermont Ave. between 4th and 5th Streets.
- The assembly time is 1:30 pm.
- At least 5,000 people are expected to attend.
- Expect all streets surrounding this area to be jammed with several street closures.
Not My President’s Day – Monday February 20, 2017 from 9 am to 1 pm at City Hall
Anti-Trump Protest (Stop Keystone Pipeline and Climate Change) Monday February 20, 2017 from 12:30 to 7 pm at City Hall